The Exposure Prevention Information Network surveillance system (EPINet) is a standardized system that gives healthcare facilities the tools to:
- Track occupational Sharp Object Injuries (SOI) & Blood and Body Fluid (BBF) incidents
- Prevent occupational injuries and illnesses
- Reduce exposures to microorganisms that cause infectious disease, illness, and infection
- Reduce costs and improve quality
Support the Center
Hospitals and healthcare facilities seek ways to promote occupational safety and health.
The Center supports those efforts with the tools and expertise needed to reduce exposures to contaminated sharps and blood and body fluids.
Contact us to learn about the exclusive benefits we offer to those contributing to the Center as a sponsor, contributor, or partner.
We Can Help
At the Center, we have expertise in occupational safety and health, epidemiology, infectious disease, infection control, and data analysis. Our staff and faculty are available for the following:
- Free Technical Assistance for New and Current EPINet Users
- Speaking Engagements
- Consultation or Professional Support
- Analysis and Statistical Interpretation of EPINet Data
Safety & Health News
Issues in understanding the impact of the Needlestick Safety and Prevention Act on hospital sharps injuries
New EPINet Publications
Occupational Exposure to Blood & Body Fluids in U.S. Hospitals: Implications of National Policy